Sometimes you want something sweet. Intensely sweet. If that's your mood, this is your cookie. It's a sugar cookie dotted with butterscotch chips and punctuated with the snap! crackle! pop! of Rice Krispies cereal. In other words, sweet, crispy, buttery caramel goodness in a bite.
Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
Add vanilla and egg and cream again.
Add flour, baking soda and salt. Mix until the ingredients come together.
Now add the rice krispies and butterscotch chips.
Stir until just incorporated. Refrigerate dough at least one hour, until firm.
Roll rounded tablespoons of dough into balls. Place them on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
Bake until golden brown, about 12 to 15 minutes. Cool on cooking rack.
Enjoy with a tall glass of milk!
Crispy Butterscotch Cookies
Recipe from The Moonlit Kitchen
1/2 cup butter at room temparature
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 cups rice krispies cereal
1 cup butterscotch chips
1. Cream the butter and sugar in a large bowl until very fluffy. Add vanilla and egg and cream again.
2. Add flour, soda, and salt. Mix until incorporated.
3. Add rice krispies and butterscotch chips and stir until just combined. Let chill at least one hour.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
5. Drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes until light golden brown.
Makes 2 dozen cookies.