August 10, 2011

Pasta with Zucchini Cream




I joined a CSA this year. So every week the lovely folks at Marshall’s Fenway Farm send me fruits and vegetables that are at the peak of their growing season. Well it’s August and that means zucchini. Lots of it.

I love zucchini and I’d happily eat it grilled or sautéed almost any day. My husband isn’t as big a fan so I have to figure out ways to get creative with it.

One thing I love to do is make it into a sauce for pasta. I sauté the zucchini as I normally would, with olive oil, garlic, and crushed red pepper. Then I puree it in the blender. The result is a thick, creamy sauce with absolutely no cream!


Slice up your zucchini and peel and chop a couple of garlic cloves.



Saute the zucchini in a pan with some olive oil and crushed red pepper flakes.



Once the zucchini is tender and golden, toss it into a blender.



Blend until you have a smooth puree.



Toss with pasta and garnish with sundried tomato and toasted pine nuts.




Pasta with Zucchini Cream

Recipe from Lucullian Delights

¾ lb pasta
3 zucchini
3 whole sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
3 Tbsp pine nuts
1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
salt
extra-virgin olive oil

1.      Cook the pasta in salted boiling water according to the directions on the package.

2.      While the pasta is cooking, slice the zucchini. Cook the zucchini in olive oil over medium-high heat, with the crushed red pepper, garlic and salt until the zucchini is golden and tender.

3.      Put the zucchini, garlic and olive oil in a blender and run it until the mixture is smooth and creamy.

4.      Mix the freshly cooked pasta with the zucchini cream. Serve topped with the chopped sun-dried tomatoes and pine nuts.


Serves 4

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below.